Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Reflection 1.2 Personal Learning Goal


My life has been one big computer program, since the days of the Radio Shack Tandy TRS-80 computers writing simple DOS script. Today I may not write DOS script but the foundation that was developed with computers began in Mr. Ekstrom`s class. A teacher who loved technology and showing his students how much fun this new technology could be for students.

I am always on the prowl for new innovative ways to bring technology that students use daily into my classroom. Adaptability is one of the foundations of my teaching, figuring ways to take what students do for fun and use it to teach a lesson. By introducing them to new ways of doing assignments they have been doing for teachers in other classes.  A prime example is moving away from PowerPoint and using either Prezi.com or Google Presentations. Each one unique in purpose and has a spot a student`s learning process. Both of these web-based presentation applications allow for the user to not be confined to one work station but to be free work and share without the confines previously known to students.

As I look at my survey results they truly support my philosophy of education technology and my willingness to be up to date and current for the benefit of not only my students but their parents and my colleagues. Many educators who embrace technology show a disdain for their peers who refuse to jump on the Cloud. Educators who don`t see the value in using something that students understand and are able to demonstrate curriculum mastery with in their own way. I am an educator who believes in bringing technology to my students and classroom it would be hypocritical of me to not continue my own journey of knowledge.

This journey has taken me to this course of online learning, to hone the network that is my classroom`s technology cloud. I believe that I have the tools in place, now I am looking at bringing them together in a more fluid process. In my classroom one way we learn is through discussions and processing information, for me this course is that discussion that will allow me to take the input of others and assimilate it to my own style, techniques and technology realm. My hope is to see how my use of online videos, Study Cast Streaming (live & recorded), online assignment submission and the use of mobile devices in the classroom can be used in a more efficient process that will improve my students` learning and allow for better time management for both teacher and student.

No comments:

Post a Comment